Muskingum Iron and Metal is seeking a hardworking, CDL A licensed truck driver with an excellent driving record to join our fleet. Roll off and or dump experience is a plus. No overnights. Competitive pay with great benefits including health insurance, 401(K) and profit sharing plus overtime.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Transporting commodities over land to and from manufacturing plants, mills, or distribution centers
- Inspecting vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Planning routes and meeting delivery schedules
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Proven work experience as a Class A Truck Driver
- Hands on experience with roll off or dump is a plus
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
In addition to a competitive salary, benefits include Vacation, health insurance, matching 401(K), profit sharing and paid holidays.
Since 1929 Muskingum Iron & Metal Co has specialized in the processing of ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metal. We purchase scrap from the general public, commercial accounts, and industrial customers across the region. After segregating material by grade, we package it to meet mill furnace specifications so the material can be melted down to begin its new lifecycle. We currently operate 5 locations across Southeastern and Central Ohio.
Muskingum Iron & Metal Co. is an equal opportunity employer.