Production Manager, IHS Metal Recycling | Job Description
Location: Columbus, OH
IHS Metal Recycling is seeking an experienced Production Manager to oversee and coordinate production activities. You will implement production, productivity, quality and customer service standards while managing employees. Benefits include vacation, health insurance, life insurance, 401(K) and paid holidays.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Organize and maintain yard inventory
- Production Scheduling
- Ensure shipment and inventory transaction accuracy
- Communicate job expectations and train/coach employees
- Determine staffing levels and assign workload
- Interface with upper management, customers, drivers, and employees to answer questions and solve problems
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices
- Maintain a safe working environment
- 5 or more years’ experience in management, preferably in construction, excavating or metal production
- Experience maintaining OSHA and EPA regulations
- Experience with hydraulic excavators, shears, balers and heavy equipment
- Experience with truck and rail shipping/receiving
- Understanding of inventory accounting
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution and one-on-one communication with employees
- Must be able to move around yard and assist employees
In addition to competitive pay, benefits include vacation, health insurance, life insurance, 401(K) and paid holidays.
Since 1905, IHS Metal Recycling has specialized in the recycling of ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metal in Central Ohio. I.H. Schlezinger Inc. is accredited by all State of Ohio regulatory agencies and strives for the highest level of service, quality, integrity, and safety for our customers and employees.
I.H. Schlezinger Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.