Muskingum Iron & Metal is seeking a hardworking, Non-Ferrous Route Buyer to join our team. This position requires a high school education and will be trained to identify all types of non-ferrous metals. Upon training completion, this person will be on the road buying metal from new and existing accounts. This is a “home every night” position that will not require over nights. Pay rate is includes a base salary + a commission (based off of quarterly purchases). Benefits include a 401(K), health insurance and two weeks paid vacation after one year of employment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Purchase non-ferrous metals from new and existing customers
- Plan routes and meet pick-up schedules
- Weigh and load materials into a truck
- Pay customers
- Develop customer relationships
- Comply with driving rules, regulations, company policies and procedures
- High school education
- Route/delivery experience is a plus
- Must be able to lift heavy material
- Ability to be trained in identifying non-ferrous metals
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check including a clean motor vehicle record
In addition to a competitive salary with commission, benefits include Vacation, health insurance, matching 401(K) and paid holidays.
Since 1929 Muskingum Iron & Metal Co has specialized in the processing of ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metal. We purchase scrap from the general public, commercial accounts, and industrial customers across the region. After segregating material by grade, we package it to meet mill furnace specifications so the material can be melted down to begin its new lifecycle. We currently operate 5 locations across Southeastern and Central Ohio.
Muskingum Iron & Metal Co. is an equal opportunity employer.